The Westword.com blog shortcut, April 14 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Sketch introduces Wino Wednesdays.
• Common Grounds left its liquor license behind in move.
• The suit is slingin' Spud Bros. spuds!
• Snarf's finally arrives in Denver.
• Fear not, sleeved-blanketed drunks: The Denver Snuggie Pub Crawl is very much on.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Record Store Day preview: Give the gift of Slayer.
• Heavy Rotation, our top five spins for the week of April 6, 2009.
• Dialed in: This week's local music radio playlists.
• Set Forth changes name to the Northern Way.
• Widowers' Mike Marchant recovering after being hit by car.
• The polarizing picks of 3OH!3: Ten pop albums that should be listened to all the way through.
Today in The Latest Word:
• So... you want to contact Joe Nacchio in prison?
• John Hickenlooper and the case of the vanishing F-bombs.
• After being cleared of wrongdoing, Mike Coffman fires back at Colorado Ethics Watch.
• ColoRail -- and its lawyers -- aim to derail current Union Station project.
• Snowboard Bandit sentenced to prison. Bummer, dude.