The Westword.com blog shortcut, April 15 edition
I'll try not to make this too taxing.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Last Night: Fall Out Boy at the Fillmore.
• Last Night: Mastodon at the Fox Theatre.
• DJ Vajra impresses NAMM crowd with his turntable magic.
• Update: Hot IQs calling it a day.
• The Denver Boot: Voices Underwater -- 09.29.05.
• Guest DJ with DJ MU$A at the Coral Room.
• Free Tauntaun show Saturday at Wax Trax for Record Store Day.
• Record Store Day preview: The Flaming Lips meet the Black Keys.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Flag down dinner at the Flagstaff House.
• Get your Two Spoons of cereal.
• EZE Mop building off the market.
• See? I'm not the only one who loves O's...
• A spirited plan for Buchi Cafe Cubano.
• Free food and other delicious deals on Tax Day.
• Our Weekly Bread: Crostone at Parisi.
• Joe Vostrejs knows fry bread.
Today in The Latest Word:
• KOA's Colorado Morning News letting its bias show in Tea Party coverage.
• Could Denver Nuggets be number two in a good way?
• George Hickenlooper addresses F-bomb footage of his cousin, Mayor John Hickenlooper.
• Obnoxious North Carolina students leave Tom Tancredo speechless.
• Ryan Frazier throws his hat into the Senate race.
• Paula Woodward opens up -- a little -- about her decision to leave 9News.
• CU Chancellor, obviously high, sends students finger-wagging e-mail about staying clean on 4/20. Stay off the grass, kids. And my lawn, too.