The Westword.com blog shortcut, April 27 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Moving Pictures: Casselman's Bar & Venue, MBV, Autumn Film, Primasonic, Maris the Great, Adai, To Be Eaten and Dualistics.
• A first look at the new Fray video.
• Are you doing your part to help Green the Scene?
• Rick Ross top seller at Independent Records.
• Depeche Mode grabs top spot at Twist & Shout.
• Discharge top seller at Wax Trax.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Mel Master pops his cork at Sketch today.
• Pure has something to get off its chest.
• A Milking It review of Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites Chocolate.
• Ask the Readers: Who has the best happy hour?
• The Market Report, April 25.
• Otto's Grill opening in former downtown Brix.
• Ask the Critic: Where to go for a break-up date?
Today in The Latest Word:
• Swine-flu outbreak has Peter Boyles in verbal hog heaven.
• Meet Brian Orakpo, the man the Broncos were too stupid to draft.
• Are former Rocky Mountain News subscribers abandoning the Denver Post?
• Freaky DIA Mustang sculpture makes a great T-shirt in which to read angry poetry rants.
• Why the Nuggets will win game four against the Hornets tonight. I sure as hell hope I'm right...