The Westword.com blog shortcut, April 30 edition
May flowers on the way.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Danielle Ate the Sandwich (and became an internet phenomenon).
• My Bloody Valentine at the Fillmore.
• Dialed in: This week's local music radio playlists.
• Mile Hi-Fidelity playlist -- 04.29.09.
• Sound Bites: Quiet Company, Death Cab for Cutie, Peter Doherty, the Fratellis, the Life and Times and the View.
• If this photo of Tupac is A) authentic and B) current, dude's got some 'splaining to do, Lucy.
• Flier of the week: Houses at the hi-dive.
• The Swayback singing into the same mikes Sinatra once used.
• Bender's Tavern gets new owners.
• B-Blacc goes the horror-flick route in new video.
• Free tracks from local dubstep artist Alert.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Dining Out For Life today.
• Eat the pig! Particularly at the Berkshire!
• Seeds of Change brings chocolate to Boulder.
• Argyll opens today.
• Swine flu name makes pig fans sick.
• Update: Eat the pig!
• Our Weekly Bread: Deluxe Club Sub at Lenny's.
• Veggie Girl: Sputnik.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Wake-Up Call: Andrew Speaker's no-fly zone.
• Mark Cuban, come on down!: Advantage Denver in the Nuggets-Mavericks matchup.
• Today is the last day to weigh in on Denver's dog parks... and Denver's dog poop.
• Clear Channel Denver's Kris Olinger on layoffs, news-outsourcing plan.
• Why did Coors Field buy the old Light Bulb Supply building?
• Tonight at the Wynkoop: Author Andrew Nikiforuk reveals Canada's dirty oil secrets. Make sure and bring a squeegee.