The Westword.com blog shortcut, May 8, 2009
Big as life.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Last night: The Dead at the Pepsi Center.
• The 38th annual CHUN Capitol Hill People's Fair line-up announced.
• 3OH!3 breaks top ten on Billboard Hot 100.
• Freaky Friday: "Obama Flashback" -- Autotune the News.
• MP3 Freeloader: Tonight, the Calf Branders CD release party at the Skylark.
• CacheFlowe does Kraftwerk tonight at CD release.
• MP3 Freeloader: Tonight, the Mighty 18 Wheeler CD release party at Bender's.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Chocolate and beer -- what more could you need?
• Bistro One to discontinue lunch... for now.
• Candy Girls: Happy candyversary!
• Room for one more Mo's.
• Pizza Republica opens today.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Carol Chambers, the death penalty and the 7-Eleven slaying.
• Internet leaps to support student banned from prom for whiff of weed.
• The Statue of Liberty and Ken Salazar's crowning achievement.
• Getting his car back gives airman Brian Furman something to sing about.
• Make room for Charles Barkley on the Nuggets bandwagon. Luckily, it's built for a family of millions.