The Westword.com blog shortcut, May 11 edition
Welcome to the working week.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Over the weekend: Gene Ween at the Walnut Room and b.side in Boulder.
• Rumors of Tickle Me Pink's breakup completely unfounded.
• Wentworth Kersey gives away new CD at St. Mark's.
• Tech N9ne top seller at Independent Records.
• Bob Dylan grabs top spot at Twist and Shout.
• Over the weekend: Napalm Death at Marquis Theater.
• DJ Quote put Yung Berg on blast.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Frasca dinner with Bodegas Muga wines.
• Milking It: Trail Mix Crunch Cranberry Vanilla.
• Party down with Bob Schaffer's margarita.
• Guess where I'm eating?
• Tony's Market is so close we can almost taste it.
• Ask the Critic: Barbecue season, '09.
• First impressions of Olivea.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Don't mess with Kenyon Martin's mama, Mark Cuban.
• At the UFO briefing, aliens are ready for their close-up.
• Management, union really don't want a grocery strike.
• Do former Avs coaches hold key to Patrick Roy's return?
• Denver deputy DA Sean Moynihan put in straitjacket -- for return to One Life to Live. But what about Naomi?