The Westword.com blog shortcut, May 12 edition
Is it almost dinnertime?
Today in Cafe Society:
• Ruth's Chris shutters downtown Denver location.
• Guess where I'm eating?
• Drink beer out of a bowling pin. No, really!
• A Crush on Cans: Ska Brewing.
• The Gelato Spot: One more reason to visit 13th Avenue.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Obama fave Michael Johnston tapped to fill Peter Groff's seat.
• Forget swine flu: The flight to Mexico could kill you.
• Colorado Crimes: Suspect in officer-involved shooting didn't shoot himself.
• Urbavore's Dilemma: Denver's convoluted livestock laws lead to renegade chickens.
• Mark Cuban blog-pologizes to K-Mart, Mama K-Mart. Are you sure we can all just get along?