The Westword.com blog shortcut, May 15 edition
Hurry up already.
Today in Cafe Society:
• May is National Hamburger Month -- and CityGrille's eleventh anniversary.
• Make a pig of yourself this weekend.
• Will The Bachelorette get a pizza the action?
• New York Times' restaurant critic Frank Bruni steps away from the plate.
• Steak Bar putting down stakes in Highland.
• Cebiche space turning into Chavin.
• The Flavor Bible is my good book.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Flier of the Week: Six Months to Live at Meadowlark.
• (Alternate) flier of the week: Yerkish at 3 Kings Tavern.
• Freaky Friday: "Sashimi" -- Keyboard Cathy.
• Beyond Playlist: Eminem and more.
• Q&A with The Ideal Fathers.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Baseball, soccer, gay-marriage rally: one Denver nine-year-old's Saturday schedule.
• Broncos powerless in NFL power rankings.
• Got the swine flu? Prepare to be eliminated!
• Suicide prevention and the John Beech dilemma.
• Shmuck(s) of the Week: Mark Cuban and Kenyon Martin. Who says we're not objective?