The Westword.com blog shortcut, May 29 edition
Photo by Aaron Thackeray What cute Offspring you have!
Hello, we must be going.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Last night: Punk Rocks at Red Rocks.
• Catch the Buzz 3 Mixtape features Spoke-In-Wordz, Playalitical, DJ Chonz.
• MP3 Freeloader: Saturday, the Rouge CD release party at Larimer Lounge.
• Flier of the Week: Inactivists at the D-Note.
• MP3 Freeloader: tonight, Tim Pourbaix CD release at Larimer Lounge.
• Freaky Friday: Jan Terri -- "Losing You."
• Dualistics unveiling new tune tomorrow at hi-dive.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Vesta Dipping Grill puts the happy back in happy hour.
• LoHi SteakBar still under wraps.
• Free burgers for traitors.
• MiniBAR's patio party and Denver Nuggets stimulus package go hand-in-hand.
• The hangover Saturday brunch following a fuzzy Friday night.
• There's Beer Yoga brewing in Colorado Springs.
Today in The Latest Word:
• The Nuggets aim to break up the Kobe-LeBron love match.
• Colorado Crimes: Authorities on the lookout for a penis.
• Q&A with Aisha Tyler.
• Shmuck of the Week: Anyone wearing stripes.
• Rockies finally get over Clint Hurdle. Only took seven years or so...