Boulder Outlook Hotel toxins warning more of a barbecue invitation

outlook shot t.jpg
An image from the Boulder Outlook Hotel's website.

More Boulder news -- a follow-up to the Friday blog "Suicidal Boulder Outlook Hotel Guest Causes Problems at Check-Out," about a man who left a note at the aforementioned facility warning about a chemical release shortly before killing himself. That evening, the Boulder Police Department put out a press release declaring the Outlook to be safe for habitation after determining that the only fumes present had come from charcoal set ablaze in a small grill. Insert your own bad-taste joke here -- or wait until after reading the BPD press release below:

Hazardous materials team deems hotel room safe

Boulder police and members of the fire department's hazardous materials team have cleared a room at the Boulder Outlook hotel after determining that it no longer poses any danger.

Crews were called to the room in the 800 block of 28th Street on Thursday, June 11, after receiving a call from a woman who said she feared her son was suicidal. When officers entered the room, they found an adult male deceased along with a note warning that dangerous chemicals were inside.

Further investigation revealed that the hazard may have been carbon monoxide. The man had apparently pulled a small grill into the bathroom and set charcoal on fire. The coroner's office will make an official determination about the cause of death after conducting an autopsy and toxicology testing. Crews also tested an additional substance that was found inside the bathroom, but it did not come back positive as a hazardous material.

The room was released sometime after noon on Friday, June 12. Public safety officials have informed hotel management that no guests or employees are at risk.

My Voice Nation Help
0 comments

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

Loading...