The Westword.com blog shortcut, June 18 edition
He's spinning in a better place....
Today in Backbeat Online:
• RIP Mike Honcho.
• Everything is ridiculous at the Air Guitar Championship.
• Kid Cudi remixes 3OH!3.
• Q&A with the Church's Marty Wilson-Piper.
• Q&A with Adam Franklin of Swervedriver.
• See the Epilogues for free next Saturday night at Herman's.
• <em>Mile Hi-Fidelity playlist -- 06.17.09.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Tonight: Barbecue, beasts and biodynamic wines.
• Free beer still flowing for Coors employees.
• Up Close: Dougherty's.
• Gluttony, debauchery and, yes, chefs: Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
• Drug bust outside Elway's -- and it wasn't botox.
• Candy Girls: Lees' Jaffa Bar.
• Prickly Pete's opens on Leetsdale.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Lynn Bartels adds Brandon Shaffer's scalp to her collection.
• Broomfield Event Center on life support.
• Remembering the way Hollywood remembers Alan Berg.
• Boulder abortion doctor Warren Hern now seeing patients of murdered colleague George Tiller.
• HALO surveillance cameras: Denver Police like to watch. So make sure and wear something that complements your eyes....