The Westword.com blog shortcut, June 1 edition
I sincerely hope some of you are still alive out there.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Frasca Food & Wine hosts the hottest pastry chef ever.
• Milking It: Smart Start Toasted Oat.
• The restaurant roll call for May.
• KJ's Coffee Bar going for its bar exam.
• New kings of the Castle.
• Former Root Down chef finds new piece of turf.
• The Market Report, May 30.
• Obama burger watch.
• Three Door Bistro set to debut in July.
• Long-distance corrections! This is why I love the Interweb...
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Eminem grabs top spot at Independent Records.
• Spinal Tap release "Saucy Jack" as a free download.
• Grizzly Bear top seller at Twist and Shout.
• Sunn O))) top seller at Wax Trax.
Today in The Latest Word:
• It's quiet -- too quiet -- on the potential grocery strike or lockout front.
• Another sex dispute between a Colorado woman and an L.A. Laker.
• Brandon Marshall looks terrible in ESPN domestic-violence report.
• Martino TV debut: A real sell job.
• Over the Weekend: The pool is open. Swim carefully. It's dangerous out there.