The Westword.com blog shortcut, June 5 edition
Everyone looks better in a fedora....
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Last night: Leonard Cohen at Red Rocks.
• Westword exclusive: The Fray's not-so-secret dress rehearsals -- in pictures.
• Ministry's Al Jourgensen offers free EP.
• MP3 Freeloader: Tonight, Fell at Bender's Tavern.
• MP3 Freeloader: Tonight, Hawks of Paradise at the Oriental.
• MP3 Freeloader: Tonight, Super Seed at the Gothic Theatre.
• The 38th annual CHUN Capitol Hill People's Fair is this weekend. Here's the lineup.
Today in Cafe Society:
• It's a big weekend for local food and wine events.
• Join the party animals at the Infinite Monkey Theorem.
• Crack a Big Green Egg at Ace Hardware Alameda Station.
• Great Divide celebrates its fifteenth anniversary.
• The Squeaky Bean adds a non-squeaky Greek rotisserie.
Today in The Latest Word:
• New Avs coach Joe Sacco's starpower deficit.
• Denver Film Society story presents challenges for Denver Post
• Megan Riley sees dead people, and they want to chat with you at Stella's.
• Mary Louise Starkey speaks out about accusers.
• Shmuck of the Week: Marilyn Musgrave. And she may have her eye on Shmuck of the Decade.