The Westword.com blog shortcut, June 10 edition
Photo by Autumn DeWilde Built to Spill.
You think you're so smart....
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Q&A with Built to Spill's Doug Martsch.
• Mini Q&A with the Fluid's John Robinson.
• A first look at FOE and Karma's "Tic-Toc" video.
• Atmosphere, Bat for Lashes, Brad Paisley shows announced.
• MP3 Freeloader, Showcase Edition: Astrophagus -- and MP3s of many other Showcase bands are available at the main link above, too.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Top Denver chefs play with fire for charity tonight at Elway's Cherry Creek.
• Simms Landing is morphing into Simms Steakhouse -- but don't ask any questions.
• Better late than never for Chinook Tavern.
• Fancy dancin' at Katie Mullen's.
• Happy 75th, Bonnie Brae Tavern.
• Maggiano's wants to buy you tomorrow's dinner.
Today in The Latest Word:
• John Hickenlooper's savvy response to the Dump Ritter movement.
• For Chrissakes, someone give Steve Perfors a job!
• Introducing Not-So-New Urbanism.
• Barron Christian has a small role in Eddie Murphy's Imagine That and a lifetime of out-of-this-world stories.
• Elway is dead -- the legendary drug-sniffing dog named Elway, that is. In his case, though, he licked balls more often than he threw them.