The Westword.com blog shortcut, June 25 edition
Greetings and salutations.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Denver's Ritz-Carlton is puttin' on a happy hour!
• Today: A celebrity cook-off, wine-tasting event and the kick-off to Telluride's wine festival.
• Red Trolley rewards you for your ice-cream gluttony.
• A closer look at LoHi Steakbar.
• Candy Girls: Skwinkles Sopeados.
• Before you see Food Inc., eat today like there's no tomorrow.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• The Denver Boot: the Fluid at Westword Music Showcase, 6.13.09.
• One Eyed Jacks gets burglarized.
• Mile Hi-Fidelity playlist -- 06.24.09.
• About Last Night: Boon Doc mops up competition at Red Bull Big Tune.
• Tonight: Phoenix with Amazing Baby at the Bluebird.
• Tickle Me Pink to debut new songs and offer up unreleased acoustic songs.
• Introducing Quote/Unquote: a new feature highlighting the most compelling lyrics.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Lakeside's Cyclone coaster gets even scarier.
• This weekend, just say no to porn.
• Q&A with Unmistaken Child director Nati Baratz.
• The Colorado connection to the Mark Sandford scandal.
• More information about Huffington Post's plan to open Denver branch. Will it puff as well as Huff?