The Westword.com blog shortcut, July 15 edition
Danielle Ate the Sandwich -- and then punched it, hard.
Put up your dukes.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Danielle Ate the Sandwich: Better than a bag of poop on fire!
• Last Night: Paul Sprawl at the Laughing Goat in Boulder.
• Hearsay bits: City Hall, Speakeasy Tiger, Torch the Wagon, Patrick Porter, Magic Cyclops.
• The Mars Volta and Yeah Yeah Yeahs to headline Monolith.
• When DJ Dragon wins, everybody wins!
Today in The Latest Word:
• CSU's Japan earthquake test: best experiment ever.
• American Idol auditions: It's all over but the regrets.
• Kenny Be's Worst-Case Scenario: The differences between Ward Churchill and Vance Fulkerson.
• Update: Is there a movement to free biking champ/accused pot broker Missy Giove?
• Nerdivore: David Sirota's nerd blog now open to the nerdy public. No need to push and shove; there's plenty of nerdiness for everyone.