Chatfield High School smells really bad right now
Just got a call from one of my daughters, who attends Chatfield High School in unincorporated Jefferson County. She wanted me to know that the school had been evacuated amid freshman orientation today (she's a junior, but she served as a freshman mentors) due to what she guessed was a gas leak. No confirmation on that yet, but a release from Jefferson County schools reveals that the scent has had repercussions, noting that as many as 22 staffers and students got sick and seven have been transported to area hospitals.
The Chatfield High School logo.
By the way, both my daughters shower regularly.
Read the Jeffco schools note after the jump:
Chatfield High School Evacuation
This afternoon, Chatfield High School was evacuated after an unknown irritant inside the school caused students and faculty to cough and choke. Up to 22 students and staff became ill and 7 were transported to a local hospital.
The students were dismissed around 1:30 p.m. School buses were on-site to provide transportation.
Today was freshman orientation with regular classes for all students starting on Monday.