The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 3 edition
Meat your maker.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Maggiano's is on a roll with winning meatball, winning two-fer deal.
• Milking It: Kellogg's Raisin Bran Extra!
• The Capital Grille kicks off six-week wine tasting event.
• Video: Live ramblings from Jason Sheehan at the Denver Press Club.
• Guess where I'm eating?
• Watercourse owners have a new project in the works -- and on the water.
• Today's three square deals: Pho, Mexican suds and a fresh catch.
• Ask the Critic: Nothin' but nuts.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Spinner dubs Boulder's Biafra one of music's 10 biggest geeks.
• Fabolous grabs top spot at Independent Records.
• Starlight Mints top seller at Wax Trax.
• Wilco tops charts at Twist and Shout again.
• Over the weekend: Phish at Red Rocks, 07/31/09.
• Over the weekend: Phish at Red Rocks, 8/01/09.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Top Ten other injuries Brandon Marshall can fake.
• The Pole stunt: Better than classic Chinese hits.
• WWE snubs Pepsi Center in Denver return.
• Happy Birthday to Colorado and its canny State Capitol.
• Kenny Be's Yard Arteology: Smothered lawn combo. I'd like mine with extra cheese.