The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 4 edition
Diamonds in the rough?
The Diamond Boiz.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Update: Diamond Boiz crew ready to bust through.
• Over the weekend: Phish at Red Rocks, 8/02/09.
• Flobots check in from the Blasting Room to hype the Bowling Ball.
• Dialed In: This week's local music radio playlists.
• A first look at the Heyday's new video.
• Introducing the Dancin' In the Streets music festival.
• 3OH!3 nominated for VMA for Best New Artist.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Beers and Brewhahas: Italian Americans vs. Columbus Day protestors.
• House at home on Tennyson's restaurant row.
• Shochu needs no excuses.
• Tonight: Troy Guard's TAG hosts a dinner for Love Hope Strength.
• Chile today, hot tomorrow.
• Today's taco the town: Two free tacos at Jack in the Box.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Clownin' around with Brandon Marshall.
• Max Media keeps greasing The Pole.
• Colorado's marijuana growing pains continue.
• "Gunny" Bob Newman leaves KOA for mysterious new assignment.
• Jay Marvin readies for epic surgical procedure.
• Urbavore's Dilemma: Blue and Yellow Logic hopes to mix up a new form of green. Color us ijmpressed.