The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 5 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Q&A with Kyle Evans of Breathe Carolina.
• Q&A with Krispy Kream of the Knux.
• Tip sheet: Meet Shel, our new favorite band.
• A first look at Pictureplane's new video.
• MP3 Freeloader: Joy Subtraction.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Thanks to the Rockies' runs, Taco Bell is turning our four tacos for a dollar.
• Our Weekly Bread: Duffeyroll Cafe.
• Guess what -- and where -- I'm eating?
• Chef and Tell: Matt Selby.
• Beers and Brewhahas: Brandon Marshall vs. Josh McDaniels.
• Mulberries Cake Shop makes a sweet move.
• Charlie Master is moving on.
Today in The Latest Word:
• The Colorado Rockies: Winning gets you laid.
• No more trashing bicyclists, rednecks.
• Kenny Be's Worst-Case Scenario: Back-to-school shopping at the Mall of MUFON.
• A disturbing MySpace tribute to Angie Zapata's killer.
• Video: Westword writer takes a beating from police nunchaku. Don't tell Sonia Sotomayor! She'll get all Bruce Lee on your ass.