The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 6 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Grapes and grilling tonight at Strings.
• Guess where I'm drinking?
• Martini Ranch and Hiccups III dry up.
• And the new, New York Times restaurant critic is...
• Tonight's shochu dinner at Elway's Cherry Creek could be the blowout food orgy of the year.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• The Denver Boot: Hot IQs final show at Larimer Lounge.
• NPR's All Songs Considered weighs in on the best music of 2009.
• Mile Hi-Fidelity interviews from the archives: A Shoreline Dream.
• Tip Sheet: Arliss Nancy.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Focus on the Family: Gay people still can be fixed.
• Frontier Airlines animals: endangered species?
• Denver hospitals: Like an episode of Nurse Jackie.
• Denverites ready to celebrate Sonia Sotomayor's Supreme Court confirmation.
• Jefferson County wants to give you a jackass. It's better to own one than be one.