The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 7 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Last Night: Rock the Bells at Red Rocks.
• MP3 Freeloader: Rockie making a splash on the club scene.
• Zebra Junction closes up shop this evening.
• Q&A with Jared Piccone of Innerpartysystem.
• Q&A with Brandon Whalen of My Body Sings Electric.
• Gary Sinise encourages Civic pride tomorrow night.
Today in Cafe Society:
• This weekend: Chocolate, Colorado wines and craft beers.
• Geek in the Galley: The toaster of tomorrow.
• Cheba Hut gets ready to smoke.
• Beers and Brewhahas: Bill Ritter vs. Labor Unions and his own party.
• Guess where I'm eating?
• One night in Beaver Creek.
Today in The Latest Word:
• We miss you already, Paula!: American Idol auditions in Denver, round two.
• Pelosi appearance: Free (and often stupid) speech lives.
• Another pussy move from Jay Cutler.
• My moment with John Hughes.
• Pueblo rally compares Obamacare to Pol Pot, Hitler.
• Bob Newman fights for the haters. What the world needs now is love, sweet love.