The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 10 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Over the Weekend: Warped Tour at Invesco Field at Mile High.
• Over the Weekend: Kings of Leon at Red Rocks.
• Over the Weekend: Houses at the Meadowlark.
• Dialed In: This week's local music radio playlists.
• 3 Kings needs your songs about weed and pinball.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Red meat, wine and a cookbook signing tonight at Morton's Tech Center.
• Milking It: Cinnamon Chex.
• Is it time for a real restaurant in Civic Center Park?
• Biker Jim's, Rioja and Table 6 all on the national radar.
• Ten years of Colorado Proud.
• Guess where I'm eating? (And where a server really irked me).
• Bra[n]don's Pub set to reopen.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Mary Marvin's note to fans on day of Jay Marvin's surgery.
• Here's how to feel better about Knowshon Moreno's contract.
• Will Marmaduke dodge another bullet?
• When Furries Attack: The Furry Convention descends on downtown Denver.
• CU Buffs lets player blog about reality of college football, reconsider after player blogs about reality of college football.
• Wolverines!: Remembering the Red Dawn attack on its 25th anniversary. Charlie Sheen deserves your respect.