The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 11 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• The mystery of the missing letters on Bastien's marquee.
• Golfin' for good (with good eats).
• Civic Center Eats: Forte Farms.
• 231 Milwaukee back on the market... again.
• Tonight: The Denver Five dish it out at D Bar Desserts.
• Emilio's loses the Super Chef sign.
• Why I hate green (and vegetarian and organic and other politics-driven) restaurants.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Hemi Cuda heading off into the sunset.
• Tired of pretending you know how to use your recording gear?
• Yo! Raps names Starting Five as next to blow.
• 3OH!3 releases Live Sessions ep on iTunes.
• Free Ableton Live workshop at Beta Friday.
Today in The Latest Word:
• A Human in Fur-land: What I learned at the Rocky Mountain Fur Convention.
• Sometimes the bear eats you.
• Headlines with a keen grasp of the obvious.
• Urbavore's Dilemma: Breaking Ground is putting down roots in vacant lots.
• Tuning in the Denver Dumb Friends League's Kitten Cam. Do it, pussy.