The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 14 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Last night: Sunn O))) at the Bluebird.
• Hearsay bits: Van Morrison, Yonder Mountain String Band, Tyler Despres Band, Pictureplane.
• Freaky Friday - "Performance" -- MC SpandX.
• Remembering Les Paul, June 9, 1915-August 13, 2009.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Tonight: Mastering the art of French cooking at the Kitchen Table Cooking School.
• Mysteries of Sheehan's desk: Day 2.
• One Year Later: KJ's Coffee Bar celebrates its first anniversary.
• Colorado growers converge at Safeway to support Colorado Proud month.
• The Rio Grande celebrates ten years of tequila on Saturday.
• The List: Denver's best green restaurants.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Did Frontier pilots engineer Republic Holdings' auction victory?
• Jay Marvin battles setbacks after epic surgery.
• Scott McInnis is getting picked on by even more mean people.
• Brandon Marshall acquitted of battery in Atlanta trial.
• Shmuck of the Week: Tom Martino. Didn't see that one coming....