The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 18 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Behind the Bar: Mike Henderson of TAG.
• Chapter Two BBQ closes the book.
• A sneak peek of Colt & Gray.
• A taste of restaurant history before LoDo Bites.
• Craft breweries are on a roll.
• Mysteries of Sheehan's Desk: Day 5.
• Tonight: Take a bite out of LoDo.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Van Morrison, Aimee Mann, Paramore shows announced.
• Last Night: The Dead Weather at the Ogden Theatre.
• Demonica finishes new album.
• Breathe Carolina: Kid tested, mom approved.
• George Crumb music festival comes to CU Boulder.
• Jen Korte's new album is, like, um ... wow! Just freaking wow!
• The Out East Music Feast promises to live up to its name.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Zach Lahn: The making of a right-wing folk hero.
• Countdown to next Brandon Marshall "injury" begins.
• Urbavore's Dilemma: Fort owner Holly Arnold Kinney uses her garden to dig into her past.
• Battle of the titans: Douglas Bruce vs. Costco.
• Jared Polis does beer bong with Stephen Colbert. Chug it! Chug it! Chug it!