The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 19 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Q&A with Natasha Kahn of Bat For Lashes.
• Q&A with Bob Crawford of the Avett Brothers.
• Q&A with Dalton Rasmussen, co-curator of the Rocky Mountain Low comp.
• Flier of the Week: Church of the Snake at Rhinoceropolis.
• Get a sneak peek of Monolith's local line-up next Friday at noon in Skyline Park.
• What do you know -- there's still life in the old Weezer after all.
• Wicked Garden taps into table keg service.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Appearing together tonight: Tequila, wine, Mexican food and the mayor.
• Troy Guard TAGged as Colorado's Taste of the NFL chef.
• Chipotle gets a special delivery today.
• Chef and Tell: Jamey Fader of Lola and Big Red F.
• Mysteries of Sheehan's Desk: Day 6.
• Our Weekly Bread: Las Tortas.
• Food porn from Ideas in Food.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Commenters mostly laugh off Jared Polis' beer-bonging.
• Carmelo Anthony and business manager not clowning around.
• Medical marijuana isn't just for big cities anymore.
• Jay Marvin's kindest cut.
• Tasteless head games at A Taste of Colorado. As for us, we taste like chicken.