The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 20 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• The 10 worst lunch boxes ever -- and what they say about the kids who carried them.
• Tequila and beer tasting tonight at the Wynkoop Brewery.
• Mysteries of Sheehan's Desk: Day 7.
• Silver Mine Subs tapped out in Denver.
• Where am I drinking (and eating)?
• What's Cooking? Pete Marczyk conquers zucchini.
• Tomatoes thrown at Chipotle miss target.
• Candy Girls: Hello Kitty Marshmallow Pop.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• A first look at 3OH!3's "Still Around" video.
• Wentworth Kersey gets glowing review on Pop Matters.
• MP3 Freeloader: Yo, Flaco! at Herman's Hideaway this Friday.
• Coolest CD case ever has theremin built in.
• Pretty Lights at City Hall this Sunday.
Today in The Latest Word:
• First on returning CU students' agenda: Getting smashed?
• Brandon Marshall takes being a distraction to next level.
• CU Obama basher Zach Lahn gets shut down on MSNBC.
• Somebody stop that cleverly named bandit!
• The return of the Tom Martino-mistakes-a-former-Westword-writer-for-a-current-one video. Welcome back.