The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 21 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Mountains of food and wine this weekend at the Mesa Verde Country Food, Wine and Art Festival.
• Cherry Creek North Food and Wine Festival takes over Fillmore Plaza.
• Mysteries of Sheehan's Desk: Day 8.
• Andrews on Lincoln reopens, Brandon's does not.
• Lobby American Grill gets ready to lounge in the former Buenos Aires space.
• Guess where I'm eating?
• Ba Le Sandwich... and yogurt?
• The heat is on at the new Larimer Hot House.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Q&A with Mack Maine, president of Young Money Entertainment.
• Last night: Burn Sand Burn, Circle Number Dot and Wetlands at the hi-dive.
• Katey Laurel chosen as a finalists in Vintage Voices competition.
• Freak Friday: "Ah, C'Mon" -- Chuggo.
• Single File getting silly on the Warped Tour.
• Beyond Playlist: Cobra Starship and more.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Do birthers have a friend in Cory Gardner?
• Daily Camera editorial argues for legalizing weed.
• Shmuck of the Week: Shawn Merriman, aka the Mormon Madoff.
• Mason Tvert bamboozles his way onto the Amazon bestseller list.
• Kenny Be's Worst-Case Scenario: Colorado State Fair presents Rodeo Du Soleil. Yee-haw!