The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 24 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Over the Weekend: Bat for Lashes at the Bluebird Theater.
• Over the Weekend: The Avett Brothers at the Ogden Theatre.
• Over the Weekend: The Flaming Lips at Red Rocks.
• Over the Weekend: Mos Def and Talib Kweli at the Gothic Theatre.
• Over the Weekend: Nobunny at Denver Creative Co-Op Studio.
Today in Cafe Society:
• On the job: The hazards of being a host.
• Milking It: Mother's Graham Bumpers.
• The Larimer Square guys and Sean Kelly get a pizza the action.
• Holy Sunday! Biker Jim now peddling his dogs at the South Pearl Street farmers' market.
• Best Invention Ever: The Red Bull of beef jerky.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Inconsistencies in Chatfield High mystery smell story.
• Kyle Orton looking like Brian Griese 2.0.
• Another weekend, another music format for The Truth.
• Barack Obama digs Denver author Kent Haruf.
• Seriously -- these guys dealt meth? The thought really amps us up.