The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 27 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Up Close: Pho 95.
• What's Cooking? Getting corny in the kitchen with Pete Marczyk.
• Spike It: Top six things that could be improved by caffeine.
• Guess where I'm eating?
• Candy Girls: Twilight Sweethearts, Forbidden Fruits.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Black Pegasus shares his funny tour stories.
• Frank E pens songs for Madonna.
• Relive prom with the Inactivists.
• When Rock 'n' Roll meets Hollywood: Ten Awful Decisions.
• Q&A with Travis Egedy of Pictureplane.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Pike National Forest: Can't see the trees for the weed.
• Odd couples show off their fun bags for Denver Mag.
• Peter Boyles wants to put up birther billboard.
• Jay Cutler's new, ESPN-approved nickname: Mr. Grumpy Pants.
• Michelle Malkin tells Sean Hannity Democratic HQ window-smashing is a "teachable moment." I hope we've all learned something.