The Westword.com blog shortcut, August 28 edition
Pity those fools.
I used to love Mr. T cereal....
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Freaky Friday: "Treat Your Mother Right."
• Q&A with John Osborne of KingBilly.
• Last Night: Desolation Wilderness at Rhinoceropolis.
• The Denver Boot: Lion Sized at the Larimer Lounge -- 08/02/09.
• Five movie hippies who make us wish we lived the '60s.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Free BBQ for Daves at Famous Dave's.
• Get your junk food fix at the Colorado State Fair.
• The List: Denver's top ten pho spots.
• The pizza battle continues between Belmar and Virgilio's.
• Oskar Blues Liquids & Solids has yet to solidify.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Jared Polis' fondness for polar bears and afterbirth.
• Why Denver beats Indianapolis in Frontier sweepstakes.
• Shmuck of the Week: Who else?
• Xcel Energy, others accused of OSHA violations in incident that killed five.
• The next biggest series of the year for the Colorado Rockies. Batter up.