The Westword.com blog shortcut, September 2 edition
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Q&A with Regan "Busdriver" Farquhar.
• Flier of the Week: Dressy Bessy at the Gothic, September 5.
• Win stuff in our random midweek contest!
• Dulcinea's to re-open as Pete's Monkey Bar.
• Single File rock (girls jeans) at the Gap.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Jewelry for the modern chef.
• Modmarket is Boulder's newest green restaurant.
• Boulder's SALT is now the earth of chef Bradford Heap.
• Chef and Tell: Tyler Wiard of Elway's.
• Back at the bar with Sean Kenyon of Steuben's.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Lucky thongs for the Colorado Rockies.
• Is the Broncos' mess Pat Bowlen's fault?
• CU to host Cannabis Health Fair.
• Next frontier in smart phones: decent service.
• Douglas County school allows parents to opt out of letting their kids watch President Obama's speech to the nation's schoolchildren. Was he planning to talk about sex ed?