The Westword.com blog shortcut, September 3 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• The ten worst burger ideas ever.
• Jason Sheehan keeps the home fires burning in Best Food Writing.
• Part two: Chef and Tell with Tyler Wiard of Elway's.
• El Toro a must-stop on Colorado Boulevard.
• Tonight: a sea of Italian wines at Black Pearl.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• The Photo Atlas, the Knew and Jim McTurnan to play at CMJ.
• Moi Yo Yoi Boiz getting a bit "Popular" with the kids.
• Vaux's "gone out of business" CD single sale.
• Download Heart & Soul Radio's three-song debut EP for free.
• Last night: Cracker at the Bluebird.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Sick response to Obama's speech to kids.
• Turn off the heat? Was Bill Ritter drunk?
• At the corner of Colorado Boulevard and Memory Lane.
• Local "Beauty Guru" Ty Tomlinson arrested for allegedly beating and raping a former employee.
• Kenny Be's Worst-Case Scenario: The Yum Yum Tree Museatum Atrium. It's good enough to eat.