The Westword.com blog shortcut, September 11, 2009
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Our top 5 Monolith can't-miss acts.
• Q&A with Frank Turner.
• Q&A with Jinji Thompson of the Skyline Surrender.
• Monolith Q&A: Monotonix.
• MP3 Freeloader: DJ MU$A offers new mixtape, Techno Savvy.
Today in Cafe Society:
• A classic Denver Food & Wine Classic.
• The DeKuyper Mix Master Bartender Contest will come to order.
• Cheba Hut is a hit with Greeley judge.
• Food mouthpiece Tony Bourdain lectures in Denver on November 18.
• On the menu at Marco's Coal-Fired Pizza.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Don't expect a Mike Rosen-David Sirota debate sequel.
• Barack Obama's Michael Bennet shout-out.
• Does Chad Ocho Cinoco plan a siesta against the Broncos?
• Meanings of banned jelly bracelets: Is silver a hand job, fisting or outdoor sex?
• Shmucks of the Week: Middle schoolers. Grow up, already.