The Westword.com blog shortcut, September 18 edition
Boy, oh, boy.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Top ten ways America ruined pizza.
• Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill opens today in Park Meadows.
• The gang's all beer!
• Strings serves up an unbeatable beet recipe.
• Oooh la la! Cliff Young is back, and opening a steakhouse at the Diamond Cabaret.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Immortal Dominion nearly finished recording new album. Again.
• Arcanium tapped as support for Megadeth tour.
• MP3 Freeloader: "Black Crosses" by Strung Out.
• Freaky Friday: Jesus Loves the Little Stereotypes.
• Del the Funky Homosapien hit by drunk driver on I-25 in route to Denver from Colorado Springs.
Today in The Latest Word:
• The Whup-Ass Master warned us about Vance Fulkerson.
• Station loves response to skanky-anchors magazine cover.
• Five ways Nigerian scammers can improve operations.
• Channel 4 to fight citation against cameraman covering Zazi terror-investigation story.
• Gambling with Homer: Down a Franklin but still feelin' good. Bet on it.