Top ten tweets about Osama bin Laden's death

obama-bin-laden.jpg
#OMG, they killed #OBL. And finally, tonight, Gary Faulkner can sleep soundly, Samurai swords safely sheathed.

We heard "Bin Laden is dead" about 500 times from Wolf Blitzer in about thirty minutes, listened as Geraldo tried to articulate his joy at the death of Usama [sic] bin Laden. But the real entertainment came, as always, from Twitter.

There, gems like the image above were spotted and shared across the interwebs. From the famous to nobodys, here are the ten best tweets about the news of the death of Osama Bin Laden as it was breaking.

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump demands Osama Bin Laden's death certificate.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

10. Brian Griffin

Just got off the phone with my boy 2Pac. Some great tips for faking your own death. I didn't even think about leaving clues in rap albums!less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

9. Osama Bin Laden

Got Bin Laden AND interrupted Celebrity Apprentice? Win for Obama all around.less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

8. Jimmy Fallon

RIP Osama Bin Laden... Hide and Seek Champion 2001-2010less than a minute ago via TweetCaster Favorite Retweet Reply

7. This guy, "OBrian Music": Likely a retweet, who can help us name the original writer?

Epic Fox News typo on Osama Bin Laden death http://t.co/eII08rE" lolless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

6. Ryan Agordon: Nice find. We're not sure if this is legit though.

Sorry, you're at the wrong gate, Osama.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

5. Jesus: As always, Jesus is way too obvious.

Through all of this I keep thinking that the next episode of South Park is going to be awesome. #americafyeahless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

4. Dana Loesch: Conservative talker Dana Loesch has a good point.

In his last attack on the world, Osama blew up all of our twitter feeds.less than a minute ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply

3. Funny or Die

RT @BSNews Aljazeera correspondent in Kabul says #Osama Bin Laden's body taken to Bagram base. Journalists could be called in to inspect itless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

2. Charles M. Blow: Kind of a gross job for those journalists.

I'd be scared if I was Michelle Obama's pussy right now.less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply

1. Slashleen: No comment.

My Voice Nation Help
16 comments
Pudden1532
Pudden1532

I am very much alive. U.S dnt evn believe Obama was born there. Why would they believe him when he said they killed me!?!?

c.j. urquico
c.j. urquico

Seems like @NZAfro Adam Hendra R.I.P Osama Bin Laden - World Hide And Go Seek Champion (2001 - 2011)

rock is dead
rock is dead

Fuck the celebs...my tweet! @larsenmatt i want the corpse photo!!!! it would make a great metal album cover! \m/!

Wabbits26
Wabbits26

From @JohnFugelsang: "Joe Biden just called George Bush's house & screamed 'Mission Accomplished, Bee-yotch!' before quickly hanging up."

Nick Lucchesi
Nick Lucchesi

Nice. I didn't write this up there, but definitely leave the good ones you've seen here! Thanks!

Now Trending