Happy Colorado Day: Here are 50 reasons you should be glad you live here
|The most METAL public art of all time.|
9. The Broncos have the most popular and polarizing third string quarterback in the history of backup, backup QBs, the second stringer is a total hunk and the starter can out neck-beard any quarterback, ever.
8. Hunter S. Thompson liked to get his Hunter S. Thompson on in Aspen, running for sheriff there, and narrowly losing.
7. Raise your hand if Trey Parker and Matt Stone are from your state. No one? That's what we thought.
6. A caribou came all the way down here from Alaska just to kick it. In your face, Alaska!
>4. But at the same time -- you'll want to note this one, Gawker -- we were doing the gay marriage thing before it was even a blip on your radar, San Francisco and Massachusetts.
3. Everybody knows we know how to party.
One of our many babes.
2. No, seriously, WE KNOW HOW TO PARTY.
1. And most of all, we're pretty much a mile higher than you at all times.
Jef Otte, William Breathes, Nick Lucchesi, Amber Taufen, Melanie Asmar, Kyle Garratt, Alan Prendergast, Stephanie DeCamp, Jane Le and Jay Vollmar contributed to this list.
More from our Things to Do archive: "50 reasons we're glad we live in Denver and not the United States."