Reader: When a sane person is armed, crazy people get off fewer shots
Yesterday, we gave you a detailed look at the massive Liberty Firearms Institute, a veritable gun Disneyland that should break ground soon in northern Colorado. Among the comments that collected on the post was the following -- an enthusiastic endorsement for the project and for the sort of folks for whom it's designed.
I'm so looking forward to having this facility available to train and socialize with my firearms friendly community. I used to sell t-shirts at most of the Northern Colorado gun shows and I can tell you, I've never been around a friendlier more trustworthy group of people. I'm a "minority" female and I've been show the utmost respect and consideration at gun shows, shops and shooting ranges. I think the more patience, understanding and respect we show to people who are different than us, the better environment we create.
What I've learned from our firearms friendly community:
- Question authority.
- When a sane person is armed, crazy people get off fewer shoots.
- It's better to be your own hero.
- Never trust your life or the life of someone you love to a cheap gun.
- The goal is to eliminate threats, not create them.
- 'Gun Control' is actually victim disarmament.
- The stronger you become, the gentler you will be.
And my favorite quote right now is - "This country has a Mental-Health-Problem disguised as a Gun-Problem... and a Tyranny-Problem disguised as a Security-Problem." -- Joe Rogan
For more memorable takes, visit our Comment of the Day archive.