Medical marijuana dispensary review: Lincoln Herbal in Denver

lincolnherbalfront2.jpg
If there were ever businesses open to the public even though the public clearly didn't want them to be, they'd have to be the few remaining Blockbuster Video stores that have limped along through the past five or six years. With a selection of ten DVDs from the 1990s and a three-year-old expired pack of tropical-fruit Skittles, such shops no doubt have even employees questioning their continued existence.

I hadn't thought of Blockbusters in years until I walked into Lincoln Herbal the other day.

Lincoln Herbal

424 Lincoln St.
Denver, CO 80203
303-955-0701
Facebook.com/Lincolnherbal

Hours: 10 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Raw marijuana price range: $20-30/eighth-ounce, $200/ounce. Members receive extra discounts
Other types of medicine: edibles, CO2-extracted oil
Online menu? No.
Handicap-accessible? Yes.

budbarlincolnherbal.jpg
Facebook.com/lincolnherbal
Inside, Lincoln Herbal has an industrial/modern/stoner vibe, with purposefully unfinished particle-wood walls set up between the comfortable, pot-scented waiting room and the back of the surprisingly roomy building. A loud, lengthy buzzer on the door announced my entrance, and after a few seconds, my budtender could be seen bopping up through the security window in the wall divider. It's a great space, featuring plenty of room for merchandise or even just more lounging. But most of one half of the room seems to be designated as storage.

After filling out some paperwork, my budtender buzzed me through the security door and led me back to the bud bar. More of the same back there: unfinished wooden walls, exposed HVAC and painted brick. Like a lot of things in the shop, it works in theory and probably looked pretty cool when it was fresh and new -- but with some aging and loads of pot stickers and pot posters everywhere, it felt makeshift, like a pop-up clothing or sneaker store on Broadway.

Edibles were kept in one half of the glass display case with the usual suckers and candies, while the other case was filled with cheap glass pipes and portable hash-oil vaporizer pens from Cloud and Atmos.

Thumbnail image for lincolnherbal-romulan.JPG
Romulan from Lincoln Herbal.
What few strains the center had on hand were kept on a wooden shelf mounted on the wall behind a custom glass-and-particle-wood countertop. From the looks of the six or seven stock jars, I could tell I probably wasn't going to leave satisfied. It's like the people at the shop stopped caring, or at least trying to supply buds.

I asked the budtender when he thought another harvest would be in to replenish, but he said he didn't know. The owners wholesale most of the herb to dispensaries and "patients with increased plant counts," and the shelves have stayed disappointingly bare for walk-in customers lately, he said.

I eyed the best-looking buds, but only made it through five, including a dull Blue Dream and an embarrassing gram of stringy Master Kush, before I decided to cut my losses and stop searching for something I wasn't going to find.

Page down for the rest of the review and photos.

My Voice Nation Help
2 comments
Isis
Isis

After reading this again, I feel like the store is just a front for underground marijuana. I mean, you should care about the look of your store and your product. 

Do they really have 70% of their product in 7 jars? I would hate to see the other 30%.

Well it doesn't matter, the MMED will never be in to inspect, so even if they were selling underground, the MMED doesn't care

Isis
Isis

I bought a Magar cigar and had a bit of a surprise.

I tried to smoke it but I just couldn't get any airflow, so that was frustrating. So I decided to take it apart and smoke what was inside.

If you have used a vaporizer before, you know what the MMJ looks like after it has been smoked. Well Surprise! This Macgar had already vaped MMJ in it!!!

I was pissed. I thought it was en entertaining way to take my medicine but I decided just to tell all and not use this product.

The couple of 1/8s I picked up for my back pain at Lincoln Herbal, ughhh was horrible. I smoked an 1/8th in a couple of hours and realized there was seriously no potency.

I hate when I waste money! Well there are plenty of good dispensaries out there that really know how to grow and really want to help their patients!

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

Loading...