Want to know more about the 16th Street Mall? Denver Story Trek's got an app for that!
Any true city rises on a foundation of stories, and Denver, with its Wild West roots and City Beautiful continuum, more than qualifies as a storied metropolis. Plenty of the best ones are set along the 16th Street Mall, which celebrates its thirtieth birthday -- only a drop in the bucket of relative time -- this week. How much do you know about the evolution of the mall? Not as much as you thought?
Historic Denver, Inc.
One way to find out is by using Denver Story Trek, an interactive recorded tour spotlighting the mall right now, at special stations where you can listen to mall stories or even leave your own personal memories.
- From the Archives: Denver's 16th Street a century ago
- Thirty years in, the 16th Street Mall is still going strong
- Smoking at Paramount Cafe and 86'd from Coyote Ugly: Happy birthday, 16th Street Mall
- A guide to the vendors on the 16th Street Mall
- 16th Street Mall: Shopping Scenes
- Ten best patios on the 16th Street Mall
The short mall recordings include snippets of history and personal recollections from people who worked on bringing the redesigned thoroughfare to fruition; segments can downloaded in various ways. The mall tour is just one of several offered by Denver Story Trek. See the website for a complete listing and information on how to use the Historic Denver-sponsored service.
Find information on hundreds of other arts and entertainment events in our online Calendar.
To keep up with the Froyd's eye-view of arts and culture in Denver, "like" my fan page on Facebook.