Photos: Sign artist Kevin Hennessy's ten favorite pieces around Denver
Local artist Kevin Hennessy's favorite pieces tell you where to go and where you are. His trademark sign art is located all over the city, including Caboose Hobbies, the Curtis Park Creamery, a Suburban Toppers wall, Capitol Hill Books, Fahrenheit Books, Carniceria Jalisco, Tacito Jalisco, an abandoned building at 33rd and Arapahoe streets and Davies' Chuck Wagon Diner. Hennessy's art combines the influences of graffiti with American folk art for a retro feel. Continue reading for photos of his favorite signs around the city.
All photos by Elyse Mitchell.
- Kevin Hennessy on making folk art and other signs of the time
- Photos: Installations and three dimensional art at Robischon Gallery
- Picture Vincent van Gogh as you've never seen him before at the Denver Art Museum
10. The windows of Caboose Hobbies
9. Curtis Park Creamery character