Dreamer and doer Brandi Shigley shows you how to do what you love and love what you do
In February, Westword will unveil its ninth class of MasterMinds -- five local creatives who go above and beyond to contribute to the arts community. But as we look ahead, it's always gratifying to see where our past MasterMinds have gone. And after eight years a member of the very first class, Brandi Shigley is still a poster girl for the case. A handbag designer, entrepreneur, musician, fashion maven, consultant and coach, she's enthusiastic and forever positive, and everything she does boils down to one bold credo: Do What You Love, Love What You Do.
- MasterMinds: Calling all creative geniuses!
- Fashion Denver's Brandi Shigley is taking her own advice to do what she loves 24/7
- Brandi Shigley of B.Sue on her love of music and fashion and the change from b.sous to B. Sue
That's also the name of a workshop that she's been delivering and building and delivering again for several years, and she'll be offering it again on Wednesday, January 9 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at her Fashion Denver headquarters.
A self-proclaimed "dreamer and doer," Shigley's effusive elan for what she does is a good kickstart in itself, but she also includes a lot of practical advice and information during the course of her presentation, including the following points:
* Business licenses & money management 101
* Creating the perfect work space .
* Developing a brand identity.
* Creating a website.
* Marketing online and social media.
* How to get your product to market .
* Writing press releases and getting your business in the press.
* Creating events to launch your product or service.
If entrepreneurship is on your list of things to explore in 2013, there's no better time than now: Shigley will have you dreaming and doing in no time. Do what you love. Love what you do. The Workshop. has a $65 registration fee; for information and reservations, visit Do What You Love online.
Find information on hundreds of other arts and entertainment events in our online Calendar.
To keep up with the Froyd's eye-view of arts and culture in Denver, "like" my fan page on Facebook.